Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and in honor of the day, I am going to give you 5 reasons
to be thankful this season.
1. Be thankful for your colleagues. Whether they be a positive or a negative part of your
life, they have helped guide you into who you want to be. These people teach you every
day, realize it or not. Their actions influence you in your everyday activities. As for your
close friends and family, be thankful that they have stayed by you through thick and thin.
Be thankful for their love and support.
2. Be thankful for your flaws and errors. Your mistakes help mold you into a better leader.
Nobody would get anywhere if everything they did was exactly right all the time. We
learn from our mistakes and try to grow from them. In the wise words of Hannah
Montana, “Nobody’s perfect”.
3. Be thankful for your influence. If you have a younger family member that is always
saying what you say, dressing how you dress, or even eating what you eat, celebrate!
They look up to you and strive to be just like you. Although it may seem annoying at the
time, you’ll be happy that you have influenced someone enough to change their everyday
4. Be thankful for life’s challenges. Every challenge you encounter, you will learn from.
Even if you learn by messing up, it still changed you. You are in the position you are
today because you have already solved so many problems. For the rest of your life, you
will be solving these problems. So, be thankful for what you learn from them.
5. Lastly, be thankful for your organization. Whether it’s HOSA or any other organization,
you are a part of it. The organization has given you the opportunities to grow and lead. It
gives you a place to belong. Be thankful for everyone you meet and everything you learn
in your organization.